Measurement of Elastic Constants of Nanohoneycomb Structures
- Measurement of Elastic Constants of Nanohoneycomb Structures
- Jeon, JH; Hwang, W; Lee, KH
- Date Issued
- SAGE PUBLICATIONS LTD
- Five engineering constants of transversely isotropic nanohoneycomb material are obtained, using one tensile test, two bending tests, and two indentation tests. The advantage is that all these tests can be carried out using only simple beam shape specimens. In all but the tensile test, a desired material constant is to be extracted from mixed materials constants. A disadvantage is that the deviation of the desired material constants are increased by the deviation of other related material constants. This is the first attempt to measure mechanical properties of microscopic specimens of brittle transversely isotropic material. It is intended to lay the foundation for easy and simple measurement of complex material constants of microscopic specimens.
- nanohoneycomb; AAO (anodic aluminum oxide); tensile test; bending test; nanoindentation; ANODIC ALUMINA; NANOWIRE ARRAYS; OXIDE; HARDNESS; MODULUS; FABRICATION; TENSILE; SILICON; FILMS; LOAD
- Article Type
- JOURNAL OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS, vol. 43, no. 10, page. 1155 - 1175, 2009-05
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.