Young's modulus measurements of nanohoneycomb structures by flexural testing in atomic force microscopy
- Young's modulus measurements of nanohoneycomb structures by flexural testing in atomic force microscopy
- Choi, D; Jeon, J; Lee, P; Hwang, W; Lee, K; Park, H
- Date Issued
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- This paper determines the Young's modulus of nanohoneycomb structures by flexural testing in an atomic force microscope (AFM). Since the cross-sectional area of nanohoneycomb structures varies along the structure, the area moment of inertia is not a constant. The area moment of inertia is also influenced by the porosity of the nanohoneycomb structure. An anodic aluminum oxide (AAO) film is fabricated as a nanohoneycomb structure. Young's modulus of the AAO film, measured from the results of flexural testing in AFM, is in good agreement with the results of tensile tests in a Nano-UTM (universal testing machine). (C) 2006 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- nanohoneycomb structure; Young' s modulus; AFM; nano-UTM; SINGLE-CRYSTAL SILICON; MECHANICAL-PROPERTIES; BENDING TEST; INTERMEDIATE TEMPERATURES; NANOSCALE STRUCTURES; NANOWIRE ARRAYS; THIN-FILMS; AFM; ALUMINUM; WIRE
- Article Type
- COMPOSITE STRUCTURES, vol. 79, no. 4, page. 548 - 553, 2007-08
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.