Cohomological Yang-Mills theories on Kahler 3-folds
- Cohomological Yang-Mills theories on Kahler 3-folds
- Hofman, Christiaan; PARK, JAE SUK
- Date Issued
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- We study topological gauge theories with N-c = (2, 0) supersymmetry based on stable bundles on general Kahler 3-folds. In order to have a theory that is well defined and well behaved, we consider a model based on an extension of the usual holomorphic bundle by including a holomorphic 3-form. The correlation functions of the model describe complex 3-dimensional generalizations of Donaldson-Witten type invariants, We show that the path integral can be written as a sum of contributions from stable bundles and a complex 3-dimensional version of Seibeg-Witten monopoles. We study certain deformations of the theory, which allow us to consider the situation of reducible connections. We shortly discuss situations of reduced holonomy. After dimensional reduction to a Kahler 2-fold, the theory reduces to Vafa-Witten theory. On a Calabi-Yau 3-fold, the supersymmetry is enhanced to N-c = (2, 2). This model map be used to describe classical limits of certain compactifications of (matrix) string theory. (C) 2001 Published by Elsevier Science B.V.
- Article Type
- NUCLEAR PHYSICS B, vol. 600, no. 1, page. 133 - 162, 2001-04-16
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.