Generating Information Relation Matrix Using Semantic Patent Mining for Technology Planning: A Case of Nano-Sensor
- Generating Information Relation Matrix Using Semantic Patent Mining for Technology Planning: A Case of Nano-Sensor
- Ki, Wanwook; Kim, Kwangsoo
- Date Issued
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- For the purposes of technology planning and research and development strategy development, we present a semi-automated method that extracts text information from patent data, uses natural language processing to extract the key technical information of the patent, and then visualizes this information in a matrix form. We tried to support qualitative analysis of patent contents by extracting functions, components, and contexts, which are the most important information about inventions. We validated the method by applying it to patent data related to nanosensors. The matrix can emphasize technical information that have not been exploited in patents, and thereby identify development opportunities.
- Article Type
- IEEE Access, vol. 5, no. 1, page. 26783 - 26797, 2017-01
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.