Functional Microcapsules via Thiol–Ene Photopolymerization in Droplet-Based Microfluidics
- Functional Microcapsules via Thiol–Ene Photopolymerization in Droplet-Based Microfluidics
- Amato, Douglas V.; Lee, Hyomin; Werner, Jörg G.; Weitz, David A.; Patton, Derek L.
- Date Issued
- Thiol-ene chemistry was exploited in droplet based microfluidics to fabricate advanced microcapsules with tunable encapsulation, degradation, and thermal properties. In addition, by utilizing the thiol-ene photopolymerization with tunable cross-link density, we demonstrate the importance of monomer conversion on the retention of omniphilic cargo in double emulsion templated microcapsules. Furthermore, we highlight the rapid cure kinetics afforded by thiol-ene chemistry in a continuous flow photopatterning device for hemispherical microparticle production.
- Article Type
- ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, vol. 9, no. 4, page. 3288 - 3293, 2017-02-01
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.