Towards intelligent in-vehicle sensor database management systems
- Towards intelligent in-vehicle sensor database management systems
- Lee, JH; Han, WS; An, KH; Sung, KB
- Date Issued
- Due to the evolution of technologies for sensor and wireless communication, there has been increasing attention to research on an intelligent vehicle that supports safe driving by exploiting large traffic data gathered from traffic environments such as vehicles and road side units, as well as data gathered from sensors mounted on the vehicle. In this paper, we study an in-vehicle sensor database management system (DBMS). In the proposed approach, simply called in-vehicle DBMS approach, DBMS inside the ego-vehicle manages, gathers, and processes traffic and sensor data onboard such as signal data and multimedia data including map and image data. We classify the requirements of applications using the in-vehicle DBMS into data modeling and query processing. We also propose a system architecture for an in-vehicle DBMS which solves those issues and discuss database techniques offered by the system.
- Article Type
- MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS, vol. 74, no. 10, page. 3599 - 3615, 2015-05
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.