CONTINUOUS FABRICATION OF BULK AMORPHOUS ALLOY SHEETS BY TWIN-ROLL STRIP CASTING
- CONTINUOUS FABRICATION OF BULK AMORPHOUS ALLOY SHEETS BY TWIN-ROLL STRIP CASTING
- Lee, JG; Lee, H; Oh, YS; Lee, S; Kim, NJ
- Date Issued
- ELSEVIER SCI LTD
- Twin-roll strip casting was utilized to fabricate the sheet products of Zr- and Cu-base bulk amorphous alloys with quite different glass forming abilities (GFAs). Simulation of the solidification behavior of the these amorphous forming alloys during twin-roll strip casting shows that suitable cooling rate can be achieved by twin-roll strip casting to form amorphous structure through the thickness of sheet. Optimum twin-roll strip casting conditions have been suggested based on the simulation results. Actual twin-roll strip casting shows that both Zr-base alloy with high GFA and Cu-base alloy with much less GFA can be strip cast forming amorphous structure. The results indicate that the twin-roll strip casting is a viable process for continuous fabrication of sheets of bulk amorphous alloys with a wide range of critical cooling rates. (c) 2006 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- glasses, metallic; casting; microstructure; GLASS-FORMING ABILITY; METALLIC-GLASS; MECHANICAL-PROPERTIES; SUPERCOOLED LIQUID; PHASE; CU47TI34ZR11NI8; MICROSTRUCTURE; THERMODYNAMICS; CONDUCTIVITY; PLASTICITY
- Article Type
- INTERMETALLICS, vol. 14, no. 8-9, page. 987 - 993, 2006-08
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.