A Statistical Inter-Cell Interference Model for Downlink Cellular OFDMA Networks Under Log-Normal Shadowing and Multipath Rayleigh Fading
- A Statistical Inter-Cell Interference Model for Downlink Cellular OFDMA Networks Under Log-Normal Shadowing and Multipath Rayleigh Fading
- Seol, C; Cheun, K
- Date Issued
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- The probability density function (pdf) of the inter-cell interference for downlink cellular orthogonal frequency division multiple access networks under log-normal shadowing and multipath Rayleigh fading is derived. The derived pdf is observed to highly deviate from the Gaussian distribution, especially at moderate to small network loads. Based on the derived inter-cell interference statistics, the decoder performance can be significantly improved compared to the case when the traditional decoder optimized for the AWGN channel is employed. A simple suboptimum decoding algorithm that closely approximates the derived optimum decoder performance is also proposed.
- Multiple access interference; orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM); orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA); soft decision decoding; SUBBAND IMAGE DATA; SYSTEMS; SYNCHRONIZATION; FREQUENCY; OFFSET
- Article Type
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMMUNICATIONS, vol. 57, no. 10, page. 3069 - 3077, 2009-10
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.