Critical evaluation and thermodynamic optimization of the Al-Ce, Al-Y, Al-Sc and Mg-Sc binary systems
- Critical evaluation and thermodynamic optimization of the Al-Ce, Al-Y, Al-Sc and Mg-Sc binary systems
- Kang, YB; Arthur D. Pelton; Patrice Chartrand; Carlton D. Fuerst
- Date Issued
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- New critical evaluations and optimizations of the Al-Ce, Al-Y, Al-Sc and Mg-Sc systems are presented. The Modified Quasichemical Model is used for the liquid phases which exhibit a high degree of short-range ordering. A number of solid solutions in the binary systems are modelled using the Compound Energy Formalism. All available and reliable experimental data such as enthalpies of mixing in liquid alloys, heats of formation of intermetallic phases, phase diagrams, etc. are reproduced within experimental error limits. It is shown that the Modified Quasichemical Model reproduces the partial enthalpy of mixing data in the liquid alloys better than the Bragg-Williams random mixing model which does not take short-range ordering into account. (C) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Al-Ce; Al-Y; Al-Sc; Mg-Sc; quasichemical model; QUASI-CHEMICAL MODEL; DIRECT SYNTHESIS CALORIMETRY; INTERMETALLIC COMPOUNDS; STANDARD ENTHALPIES; MN-Y; LATTICE STABILITY; SOLID SOLUBILITY; PHASE-EQUILIBRIA; MOLAR ENTHALPIES; ALUMINUM
- Article Type
- CALPHAD-COMPUTER COUPLING OF PHASE DIAGRAMS AND THERMOCHEMISTRY, vol. 32, no. 2, page. 413 - 422, 2008-06
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.