Thermodynamic assessment of the Ca-Zn, Sr-Zn, Y-Zn and Ce-Zn systems
- Thermodynamic assessment of the Ca-Zn, Sr-Zn, Y-Zn and Ce-Zn systems
- Philip Spencer; Arthur D. Pelton; Kang, YB; Patrice Chartrand; Carlton D. Fuerst
- Date Issued
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- Published experimental thermodynamic and phase diagram data for the Ca-Zn, Sr-Zn, Y-Zn and Ce-Zn systems have been critically evaluated to provide assessed thermodynamic parameters for the different phases of the systems. The parameters allow all thermodynamic properties and phase boundaries for each system to be calculated within reasonable error limits. Because a strong compound-forming tendency and pronounced minimum in the enthalpy of mixing curve is observed for the liquid phase of all the systems, the Modified Quasichemical Model (MQM) in the pair approximation has been used throughout the assessment work to treat short-range ordering in the liquid. (C) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Ca-Zn; Sr-Zn; Y-Zn; Ce-Zn; quasichemical model; YTTRIUM-ZINC SYSTEM; PHASE-DIAGRAM; INTERMETALLIC COMPOUNDS; CERIUM; LANTHANUM; ALLOYS; HEATS; CD
- Article Type
- CALPHAD-COMPUTER COUPLING OF PHASE DIAGRAMS AND THERMOCHEMISTRY, vol. 32, no. 2, page. 423 - 431, 2008-06
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.