Thermodynamic assessment of the Si-Zn, Mn-Si, Mg-Si-Zn and Mg-Mn-Si systems
- Thermodynamic assessment of the Si-Zn, Mn-Si, Mg-Si-Zn and Mg-Mn-Si systems
- Adarsh Shukla; Kang, YB; Arthur D. Pelton
- Date Issued
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- The binary Si-Zn and Mn-Si systems have been critically evaluated based upon available phase equilibrium and thermodynamic data, and optimized model parameters have been obtained giving the Gibbs energies of all phases as functions of temperature and composition. The liquid solution has been modeled with the Modified Quasichemical Model (MQM) to account for the short-range-ordering. The results have been combined with those of our previous optimizations of the Mg-Si, Mg-Zn and Mg-Mn systems to predict the phase diagrams of the Mg-Si-Zn and Mg-Mn-Si systems. The predictions have been compared with available data. (C) 2008 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Silicon; Zinc; Manganese; Magnesium; Phase diagrams; MANGANESE-SILICON ALLOYS; QUASI-CHEMICAL MODEL; PHASE-EQUILIBRIA; ZINC; OPTIMIZATION; SOLUBILITY; BEHAVIOR; MN3SI
- Article Type
- CALPHAD-COMPUTER COUPLING OF PHASE DIAGRAMS AND THERMOCHEMISTRY, vol. 32, no. 3, page. 470 - 477, 2008-09
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.