Face membership authentication using SVM classification tree generated by membership-based LLE data partition
- Face membership authentication using SVM classification tree generated by membership-based LLE data partition
- Pang, SN; Kim, DJ; Bang, SY
- Date Issued
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGI
- This paper presents a new membership authentication method by face classification using a support vector machine (SVM) classification tree, in which the size of membership group and the members in the membership group can be changed dynamically. Unlike our previous SVM ensemble-based method, which performed only one face classification in the whole feature space, the proposed method employed a divide and conquer strategy that first performs a recursive data partition by membership-based locally linear embedding (LLE) data clustering, then does the SVM classification in each partitioned feature subset. Our experimental results show that the proposed SVM tree not only keeps the good properties that the SVM ensemble method has, such as a good authentication accuracy and the robustness to the change of members, but also has a considerable improvement on the stability under the change of membership group size.
- divide and conquer; locally linear embedding (LLE); membership authentication; membership-based LLE data partition; support vector machine (SVM); SVM classification tree; DESIGN; GENDER
- Article Type
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NEURAL NETWORKS, vol. 16, no. 2, page. 436 - 446, 2005-03
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.