Immunological identification of cholesterol ester hydrolase in the steroidogenic tissues, adrenal glands and testis
- Immunological identification of cholesterol ester hydrolase in the steroidogenic tissues, adrenal glands and testis
- Lee, TG; Lee, YH; Kim, JH; Kim, HS; Suh, PG; Ryu, SH
- Date Issued
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- Monoclonal antibodies were generated against the purified pancreatic cholesterol ester hydrolase (CEH, EC 188.8.131.52) to examine the expression of CEH in various bovine tissues. The presence of CEH isozyme antigenically indistinguishable from pancreatic enzyme in the steroidogenic tissues, adrenal glands and testis has been first demonstrated here using the immunoprecipitation method. These results suggest that CEH isozyme, similar to pancreatic CEH, might be involved in the cholesterol metabolism in the steroidogenic tissue.
- cholesterol ester hydrolase; monoclonal antibody; immunoprecipitation; immunocomplex assay; pancreas; steroidogenic tissue; SALT-STIMULATED LIPASE; HORMONE-SENSITIVE LIPASE; RAT-LIVER; EXPRESSION; CLONING; PURIFICATION; IDENTITY; CELLS; CDNA
- Article Type
- BIOCHIMICA ET BIOPHYSICA ACTA-LIPIDS AND LIPID METABOLISM, vol. 1346, no. 2, page. 103 - 108, 1997-06-02
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.