Phase equilibria and thermodynamic properties of the CaO-MnO-Al2O3-SiO2 system by critical evaluation, modeling and experiment
- Phase equilibria and thermodynamic properties of the CaO-MnO-Al2O3-SiO2 system by critical evaluation, modeling and experiment
- Kang, YB; In-Ho Jung; Sergei Decterov; Arthur D. Pelton; LEE, HAE GEON
- Date Issued
- IRON STEEL INST JAPAN KEIDANREN KAIKA
- A complete literature review, critical evaluation and thermodynamic modeling of phase diagrams and thermodynamic properties of the CaO-MnO-Al2O3-SiO2 system at 1 bar pressure are presented. A few new quaternary liquidus measurements are also reported. The modeling is based solely upon model parameters obtained by critical evaluation and optimization of the four ternary subsystems. The predicted quaternary properties and phase diagrams are in very good agreement with measurements. Complex phase relationships are elucidated and discrepancies among the data are resolved. The database of model parameters can be used along with software for Gibbs energy minimization in order to calculate any phase diagram section or thermodynamic property from 25degreesC to above the liquidus at all compositions.
- Article Type
- ISIJ INTERNATIONAL, vol. 44, no. 6, page. 975 - 983, 2004-01
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.