Controlling Electric Dipoles in Nanodielectrics and Its Applications for Enabling Air-Stable n-channel Organic Transistors
- Controlling Electric Dipoles in Nanodielectrics and Its Applications for Enabling Air-Stable n-channel Organic Transistors
- Chung, Y; Verploegen, E; Vailionis, A; Sun, Y; Nishi, Y; Murmann, B; Bao, ZA
- Date Issued
- American Chemical Society
- We present a new method to manipulate the channel charge density of field-effect transistors using dipole-generating self-assembled monolayers (SAMs) with different anchor groups. Our approach maintains an ideal interface between the dipole layers and the semiconductor while changing the built-in electric potential by 0.41-0.50 V. This potential difference can be used to change effectively the electrical properties of nanoelectronic devices. We further demonstrate the application of the SAM dipoles to enable air-stable operation of n-channel organic transistors.
- Article Type
- NANO LETTERS, vol. 11, no. 3, page. 1161 - 1165, 2011-03
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.