Structural properties of 'naked' gold nanoparticles formed by synchrotron X-ray irradiation
- Structural properties of 'naked' gold nanoparticles formed by synchrotron X-ray irradiation
- Wang, CH; Chien, CC; Yu, YL; Liu, CJ; Lee, CF; Chen, CH; Hwu, Y; Yang, CS; Je, JH; Margaritondo, G
- Date Issued
- BLACKWELL PUBLISHING
- The formation of colloidal unmodified ('naked') gold nanoparticles is investigated by irradiation of a precursor solution with X-rays from a synchrotron source. An interesting morphological evolution as a function of exposure time, from cross-linked network-like structure to individual particles, has been discovered. The particle size decreased with the exposure time and was influenced by the ionic strength of the precursor solution. Contrary to gamma- ray exposure, an OH radical scavenger was not required for cluster formation.
- Article Type
- JOURNAL OF SYNCHROTRON RADIATION, vol. 14, page. 477 - 482, 2007-11
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.