Correlation between microstructural heterogeneity and mechanical properties of WC-Co composite additively manufactured by selective laser melting
- Correlation between microstructural heterogeneity and mechanical properties of WC-Co composite additively manufactured by selective laser melting
- Son, Sujung; Park, Jeong Min; Park, Sun Hong; Yu, Ji-Hun; Kwon, Hyeonseok; Kim, Hyoung Seop
- Date Issued
- A unique heterogeneous microstructure was generated in the tungsten carbide-cobalt (WC-Co) composite additively-manufactured by selective laser melting (SLM). In this work, the effect of microstructural heterogeneity on mechanical properties and crack propagation in SLM-processed WC-Co is investigated. The strength and strain calculation model is constructed to analyze mechanical properties in heterogeneous WC-Co. Especially, this heterogeneity contributes to further deformation by interrupting crack propagation. The SLM process can be a candidate for manufacturing process to tailor microstructural heterogeneity of WC-Co composite. (c) 2021 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Article Type
- MATERIALS LETTERS, vol. 293, 2021-06
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.