Novel multi-metal stainless steel (316L)/high-modulus steel (Fe-TiB2) composite with enhanced specific modulus and strength using high-pressure torsion
- Novel multi-metal stainless steel (316L)/high-modulus steel (Fe-TiB2) composite with enhanced specific modulus and strength using high-pressure torsion
- Xiong, Renlong; Kwon, Hyeonseok; Karthik, G. M.; Gu, Gang Hee; Asghari-Rad, Peyman; Son, Sujung; Kim, Eun Seong; Kim, Hyoung Seop
- Date Issued
- A novel multi-metal composite with 316L stainless steel matrix and Fe-TiB2 high-modulus steel reinforcement was successfully fabricated using high-pressure torsion (HPT). After post-HPT annealing at 800 degrees C for 60 min, the composite demonstrated a superior combination of high specific modulus (similar to 5.5 GPa center dot cm(3)center dot g(-1)), high yield strength (881 MPa), and good ductility (31%). The improved properties can be ascribed to the high relative density, sound metallurgical bonded 316L/Fe-TiB2 interface, ultra-fine grains and heterogeneous microstructures.
- Article Type
- MATERIALS LETTERS, vol. 303, 2021-11
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.