Electric field-assisted precipitation of lead selenide quantum dots in borosilicate glass
- Electric field-assisted precipitation of lead selenide quantum dots in borosilicate glass
- Tesfamariam, Belay Brehane; So, Byoungjin; Heo, Jong
- Date Issued
- The influence of electric field E on the precipitation and optical properties of PbSe quantum dots (QDs) in borosilicate glasses was investigated. Diameters of the PbSe QDs increased as E was increased from 0.0 to 0.6 kV/mm even at the same subsequent heat treatment at 510 degrees C for 2 hours. Increase in to 0.9 kV/mm caused red-shift of the absorption and photoluminescence (PL) bands of QDs. Application of also led to decreases in viscosities that accelerated diffusion of ions; this phenomenon led to the formation of large QDs and resulted in the red-shifts of the absorption and PL bands. Increase in the temperature due to Joule heating was 38 degrees C that led to an observed decrease in viscosities.
- Article Type
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CERAMIC SOCIETY, vol. 101, no. 10, page. 4447 - 4451, 2018-10
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.