EXTRACTION OF EFFECTIVE PERMITTIVITY AND PERMEABILITY OF PERIODIC METAMATERIAL CELLS
- EXTRACTION OF EFFECTIVE PERMITTIVITY AND PERMEABILITY OF PERIODIC METAMATERIAL CELLS
- Lee, DH; Park, WS
- Date Issued
- JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
- The complex permittivity and permeability of various periodic metamaterial (MTM) cells are extracted by using a fictitious rectangular waveguide consisting of perfect electric conductor and perfect magnetic conductor walls. The shapes of the MTM cells include a thin wire (TW), a single split-ring resonator (SSRR), a double SRR (DSRR), a modified SRR, and a structure combining the TW and DSRR. The TW falls in the negative-epsilon/positive-mu region. the SRRs in the positive-epsilon/negative-mu region, and the combined structure in the negative-epsilon/negative-mu region. We also investigate how the permittivity and permeability, are affected by the dimension parameters of the MTM cells. Another extraction technique utilizing time domain signals is developed to overcome some limitations that the waveguide technique cannot handle. (C) 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Microwave Opt Technol Lett 51: 1824-1830. 2009; Published online in Wiley InterScience (www.interscience.wiley. coin). DOI 10.1002/mop.24468
- material constant extraction; metamaterial; permittivity; permeability; DESIGN
- Article Type
- MICROWAVE AND OPTICAL TECHNOLOGY LETTERS, vol. 51, no. 8, page. 1824 - 1830, 2009-08
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.