epsilon-Carbide in alloy steels: First-principles assessment
- epsilon-Carbide in alloy steels: First-principles assessment
- Jang, JH; Kim, IG; Bhadeshia, HKDH; Harshad Kumar Dharamshi HansrajBHADESHIA
- Date Issued
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- There is now a large number of sophisticated steels which rely on silicon as an alloying addition with the purpose of avoiding the precipitation of cementite. However, there is also evidence that the silicon can enhance the formation of epsilon-carbide
the mechanism of this effect is not understood and the absence of appropriate thermodynamic data makes it impossible to conduct calculations. We report here some ab initio calculations which throw light on both of these issues and suggest novel experiments. (C) 2010 Acta Materialia Inc. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Steels; epsilon-Carbide; Cementite. Silicon; 0.4C-1.5SI-0.8MN STEEL; TRANSFORMATION; MARTENSITE; AUSTENITE; CEMENTITE; SURFACES; BAINITE; TRIP; IRON
- Article Type
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.