Total embedding distributions for bouquets of circles
- Total embedding distributions for bouquets of circles
- Kwak, JH; Shim, SH
- Date Issued
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- Crosscap-number distributions, the distribution of graph embeddings into nonorientable surfaces, have been known for only a few cases. Chen et al. (Discrete Math. 128 (1994) 73) calculated the crosscap-number distribution of necklaces, closed-end ladders and cobblestone paths. In this paper, we compute the total genus polynomials and the total embedding polynomials of bouquets of circles with an aid of edge-attaching surgery technique. It extends their genus distributions computed by Gross et al. (J. Combin. Theory (B) 47 (1989) 292). The same work is also done for dipoles. (C) 2002 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
- graph embedding; bouquet of circles; dipole; GENUS DISTRIBUTIONS; GRAPH
- Article Type
- DISCRETE MATHEMATICS, vol. 248, no. 1-3, page. 93 - 108, 2002-04-06
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.