Cucurbituril homologues and derivatives: New opportunities in supramolecular chemistry
- Cucurbituril homologues and derivatives: New opportunities in supramolecular chemistry
- Lee, JW; Samal, S; Selvapalam, N; Kim, HJ; Kim, K
- Date Issued
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- The supramolecular chemistry of cucurbituril, a synthetic receptor, is fascinating because of the remarkable guest binding behavior of the host. Studies in the field, however, have met with limitations, since the only species known was the hexameric macrocyclic compound, cucurbituril. Recently we synthesized its homologues, cucurbit[n]uril (n = 5, 7, 8), and derivatives. These new members of the cucurbituril family have expanded the scope further, and interest in them has grown enormously. This Account is a compilation of recent literature covering the syntheses of the homologues and derivatives, and their supramolecular chemistry.
- INCORPORATING CUCURBITURIL; CUCURBITURIL SYNTHESIS; COMPLEX-FORMATION; MOLECULAR SWITCH; INCLUSION; GUEST; HOST; CUCURBIT<7>URIL; POLYROTAXANE; DECAMETHYLCUCURBIT<5>URIL
- Article Type
- ACCOUNTS OF CHEMICAL RESEARCH, vol. 36, no. 8, page. 621 - 630, 2003-08
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.