Wetting state on hydrophilic and hydrophobic micro-textured surfaces: Thermodynamic analysis and X-ray visualization
- Wetting state on hydrophilic and hydrophobic micro-textured surfaces: Thermodynamic analysis and X-ray visualization
- Yu, DI; Doh, SW; Kwak, HJ; Kang, HC; Ahn, HS; Park, HS; Kiyofumi, M; Kim, MH
- Date Issued
- AMER INST PHYSICS
- In this study, the wetting state on hydrophobic and hydrophilic micro-textured surfaces was investigated. High spatial resolution synchrotron X-ray radiography was used to overcome the limitations in visualization in previous research and clearly visualize the wetting state for each droplet under quantified surface conditions. Based on thermodynamic characteristics, a theoretical model for wetting state depending on the chemical composition (intrinsic contact angle) and geometrical morphology (roughness ratio) of the surfaces was developed. (C) 2015 AIP Publishing LLC.
- CONTACT-ANGLE HYSTERESIS; SELF-CLEANING PROPERTIES; SUPERHYDROPHOBIC SURFACES; ROUGH SURFACES; WENZEL STATES; CASSIE-BAXTER; TRANSITION; IMPALEMENT; DROPLETS; SOLIDS
- Article Type
- APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, vol. 106, no. 17, 2015-04-27
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.