Fifth-order weighted essentially non-oscillatory schemes with new Z-type nonlinear weights for hyperbolic conservation laws
- Fifth-order weighted essentially non-oscillatory schemes with new Z-type nonlinear weights for hyperbolic conservation laws
- Gu, Jiaxi; Chen, Xinjuan; Jung, Jae-Hun
- Date Issued
- Pergamon Press Ltd.
- In this paper we propose new Z-type nonlinear weights of the fifth-order weighted essentially non-oscillatory (WENO) finite difference scheme for hyperbolic conservation laws. Instead of employing the classical smoothness indicators for the nonlinear weights, we take the pth root of the smoothness indicators and follow the form of Z-type nonlinear weights, leading to fifth order accuracy in smooth regions, even at the critical points, and sharper approximations around the discontinuities. We also prove that the proposed nonlinear weights converge to the linear weights as p→∞, implying the convergence of the resulting WENO numerical flux to the finite difference numerical flux. Numerical examples are presented by comparing with other WENO schemes, such as WENO-JS, WENO-M and WENO-Z, to demonstrate that the proposed WENO scheme performs better in shock capturing.
- Article Type
- Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 134, page. 140 - 166, 2023-03
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.