A Review of Surface Haptics: Enabling Tactile Effects on Touch Surfaces
- A Review of Surface Haptics: Enabling Tactile Effects on Touch Surfaces
- Basdogan, Cagatay; Giraud, Frederic; Levesque, Vincent; Choi, Seungmoon
- Date Issued
- IEEE COMPUTER SOC
- In this article, we review the current technology underlying surface haptics that converts passive touch surfaces to active ones (machine haptics), our perception of tactile stimuli displayed through active touch surfaces (human haptics), their potential applications (human-machine interaction), and finally, the challenges ahead of us in making them available through commercial systems. This article primarily covers the tactile interactions of human fingers or hands with surface-haptics displays by focusing on the three most popular actuation methods: vibrotactile, electrostatic, and ultrasonic.
- Article Type
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON HAPTICS, vol. 13, no. 3, page. 450 - 470, 2020-07
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.