뉴럴 네트워크를 이용한 수중 전방 스캔 소나 이미지 영상 합성과 수중 물체 인식에의 응용
- 뉴럴 네트워크를 이용한 수중 전방 스캔 소나 이미지 영상 합성과 수중 물체 인식에의 응용
- YU, SON CHEOL; MINSUNG, SUNG
- Date Issued
- This paper proposes a method to synthesize realistic underwater sonar images using a ray tracing and generative adversarial network. When a three-dimensional model of an object is given, a ray-tracing-based sonar simulator first calculates a base sonar image of the object. Then, the generative adversarial network translates the base images to the realistic sonar images by adding degradation effects such as noise and blurred edge. We evaluated the proposed method by comparing the synthesized images and the real sonar images captured in a water tank. The sonar images synthesized by the proposed method can be used to develop and verify the other sonar-based algorithms. We also verified the utility of the proposed method by applying the synthesized sonar image to deep-learning-based underwater object detection.
- Article Type
- 2020 한국수중·수상로봇기술연구회 추계학술대회, page. 4 - 6, 2020-10-23
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.