Development of Seabed Walking Mechanism for Underwater Amphibious Robot
- Development of Seabed Walking Mechanism for Underwater Amphibious Robot
- YU, SON CHEOL; KIM, TAE SIK; SEOKYONG, SONG
- Date Issued
- Korea Robotics Society (KROS)
- "In this paper, we proposed an underwater walking mechanism for the underwater amphibious robot that uses one degree of freedom (DOF) actuators. For this walking mechanism,
we developed a unique spring-hinge type paddle that enables the amphibious robot to walk on the seabed. We proposed a simplified 2-D model of the robot. Then, we analyzed roughterrain capability of this mechanism by using following terms: the paddle-length, the hinge-length, the distance to the obstacle, and the maximum sweep angle. We developed an experimental robot for a feasibility test of the effectiveness of proposed walking mechanism, and we performed ground and water tank experiments with this robot. As a result, we confirmed that the robot walked stably with the proposed mechanism."
- Article Type
- 2020 17th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots (UR), page. 597 - 601, 2020-06-22
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.