Iridium-catalyzed diborylation of benzylic C-H bonds directed by a hydrosilyl group: Synthesis of 1,1-benzyldiboronate esters
- Iridium-catalyzed diborylation of benzylic C-H bonds directed by a hydrosilyl group: Synthesis of 1,1-benzyldiboronate esters
- Cho, SH; Hartwig, JF
- Date Issued
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- We describe a regioselective diborylation of primary benzylic C-H bonds catalyzed by [Ir(COD)OMe](2) and 4,4'-di-tert-butyl-2,2'-bipyridine (dtbpy). The hydrosilyl group acts as a traceless directing group, providing access to a range of 1,1-benzyldiboronate esters in good yields. Transformations of the 1,1-benzyldiboronate ester products include chemoselective Suzuki-Miyaura cross-couplings and synthesis of tetrasubstituted alkenyl boronate esters.
- REGIOSPECIFIC FUNCTIONALIZATION; STEREOSELECTIVE-SYNTHESIS; COUPLING REACTIONS; ROOM-TEMPERATURE; BORYLATION; ALKYNES; SP(3)-CARBON; REAGENTS; ALKANES; 1,1-DIBORYLALKANES
- Article Type
- CHEMICAL SCIENCE, vol. 5, no. 2, page. 694 - 698, 2014-01
- Files in This Item:
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.