A numbering-up metal microreactor for the high-throughput production of a commercial drug by copper catalysis
- A numbering-up metal microreactor for the high-throughput production of a commercial drug by copper catalysis
- Ahn, Gwang-Noh; Yu, Taejong; Lee, Hyune-Jea; Gyak, Ki-Won; Kang, Ji-Ho; You, Donghyun; Kim, Dong-Pyo
- Date Issued
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- Microreactors are emerging as an efficient, sustainable synthetic tool compared to conventional batch reactors. Here, we present a new numbering-up metal microreactor by integrating a flow distributor and a copper catalytic module for high productivity of a commercial synthetic drug. A flow distributor and an embedded baffle disc were manufactured by CNC machining and 3D printing of stainless steel (S/S), respectively, whereas a catalytic reaction module was composed of 25 copper coiled capillaries configured in parallel. Eventually, the numbering-up microreactor system assembled with functional modules showed uniform flow distribution and high mixing efficiency regardless of clogging, and achieved high-throughput synthesis of the drug "rufinamide", an anticonvulsant medicine, via a Cu(i)-catalyzed azide-alkyne cycloaddition reaction under optimized conditions.
- Article Type
- LAB ON A CHIP, vol. 19, no. 20, page. 3535 - 3542, 2019-10
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.