Fast and Robust Distributed Subgraph Enumeration
- Fast and Robust Distributed Subgraph Enumeration
- HAN, WOOK SHIN; Xuguang Ren; Junhu Wang; Jeffrey Xu Yu
- Date Issued
- VLDB Endowment
- We study the subgraph enumeration problem under distributed settings. Existing solutions either suffer from severe memory crisis or rely on large indexes, which makes them impractical for very large graphs. Most of them follow a synchronous model where the performance is often bottlenecked by the machine with the worst performance. Motivated by this, in this paper, we propose RADS, a Robust Asynchronous Distributed Subgraph enumeration system. RADS first identifies results that can be found using singlemachine algorithms. This strategy not only improves the overall performance but also reduces network communication and memory cost. Moreover, RADS employs a novel region-grouped multi-round expand verify & filter framework which does not need to shuffle and exchange the intermediate results, nor does it need to replicate a large part of the data graph in each machine. This feature not only reduces network communication cost and memory usage, but
also allows us to adopt simple strategies for memory control and load balancing, making it more robust. Several optimization strategies are also used in RADS to further improve the performance. Our experiments verified the superiority of RADS to state-of-the-art subgraph enumeration approaches.
- Article Type
- 45th Int'l Conf. on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB), page. 1344 - 1356, 2019-08-27
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.