Forecasting Taxi Demands with Fully Convolutional Networks and Temporal Guided Embedding
- Forecasting Taxi Demands with Fully Convolutional Networks and Temporal Guided Embedding
- LEE, DOYUP; JUNG, SUEHUN; CHEON, YEONGJAE; KIM, DONGIL; YOU, SEUNGIL
- Date Issued
- Neural Information Processing Systems Foundation
- Learning complex spatiotemporal patterns is a key to predict future taxi demand volumes. We propose temporal guided networks (TGNet), which is an efficient model architecture with fully convolutional networks and temporal guided em- bedding, to capture spatiotemporal patterns. Existing approaches use complex architectures, historical demands (day/week/month ago) to capture the recurring patterns, and external data sources such as meteorological, traffic flow, or tex- ture data. However, TGNet only uses fully convolutional networks and temporal guided embedding without those external data sources. In this study, only pick-up and drop-off volumes of NYC-taxi dataset are used to utilize the full potential of the hidden patterns in the historical data points. We show that TGNet provides notable performance gains on a real-world benchmark, NYC-taxi dataset, over previous state-of-the-art models. Finally we explain how to extend our architecture to incorporate external data sources.
- Article Type
- Thirty-second Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems, 2018-12-07
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.