High-Efficient Tetrahedral Silicon-Based Organic Light-Emitting Diodes
- High-Efficient Tetrahedral Silicon-Based Organic Light-Emitting Diodes
- SOHN, SUN YOUNG; PARK, KWANG HUN; KWON, SOON-KI; LEE, HAN KOO; AHN, HYUNGJU; JUNG, SUNGJUNE; KIM, YUN-HI
- POSTECH Authors
- JUNG, SUNGJUNE
- Date Issued
- THE KOREA INFORMATION DISPLAY SOCIETY(KIDS)
- The co-host materials composed with hole transporting and electron transporting materials have been
investigating, due to their advantages for high efficiency by balanced charge carriers in organic light-emitting
diodes (OLEDs). Tetrahedral silicon-based hosts of diphenylbis(3-(pyridine-2-yl)phenyl)silane (2PTPS),
diphenylbis(3-(pyridine-3-yl)phenyl)silane (3PTPS), and diphenylbis(3-(pyridine-4-yl)phenyl)silane (4PTPS)
have been used as electron-transporting host materials in phosphorescent OLEDs (PHOLEDs). The 4PTPS-based
OLEDs with tris[2-phenylpyridinato-C2,N]iridium(III) [Ir(ppy)3] dopant showed highest current efficiency and
external quantum efficiency of 53.54 cd/A and 15.61 %, compared to those of 2PTPS (40.75 cd/A, 11.84 %) and
3PTPS (29.35 cd/A, 8.54 %). These results are attributed to the well-aligned structure with preferential horizontal
orientation of the emitting material layer by the diffraction intensity distribution as a function of azimuthal angle
in two-dimensional grazing incidence X-ray diffraction analysis. The Ir(ppy)3 and Firpic-doped 4PTPS devices with preferential horizontal orientation showed high efficiency
due to balanced hole and electron recombination in the emitting material layer with the well-aligned stacking
structure to the horizontal direction, which can contribute to the useful molecule design of emitting materials.
- Article Type
- The 18th International Meeting on Information Display, page. 509 - 509, 2018-08-30
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.