Radiation Monitoring System of Pohang Light Source(PLS)
- Radiation Monitoring System of Pohang Light Source(PLS)
- Hong, S; Kwak, K; Lee, H; null
- Date Issued
- ATOMIC ENERGY SOC JAPAN
- Ion chambers for photon, BF(3) proportional counters for neutron and local displayers
for indication of dose level and alarm are installed at 24 posts. There are 13 monitoring posts in the storage ring, 9 posts in the linear accelerator(linac) and 2 posts in the site boundary for environment monitoring. Monitored data from storage ring and linac are transferred to the computer installed at the control room via CAN communication, and those from the site boundary are stored in computer at each post via RS232 communication. Modbus protocol is used to gather data from each computer via network of Pohang Accelerator Laboratory. The radiation monitoring system is interlocked with the personnel safety system, which stops the beam operation when the dose level exceeds the prescript limits.
- radiation monitoring system; PLS; ion chamber; BF3 proportional counter; digital display
- Article Type
- PROCEEDINGS PAPER
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.