Particle-in-cell simulation of power coupling of the grill of the KSTAR 5.0-GHz LHCD launcher
- Particle-in-cell simulation of power coupling of the grill of the KSTAR 5.0-GHz LHCD launcher
- Bae, YS; Cho, MH; Namkung, W; 조무현
- Date Issued
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- The 5.0-GHz, 2.0-MW KSTAR, Lower-Hybrid Current Drive (LHCD) system is under design for steady-state operation of the KSTAR, tokamak. The launcher structure is designed as a grill (4 rows by 32 columns
phased-array waveguide structure) that provides asymmetric power spectra. The KSTAB. tokamak plasma is a high-density and high-temperature plasma with an edge density of similar to 10(18) m(-3). The power coupling to the KSTAR plasma edge depends on the impedance matching between the grill assembly and the lower hybrid (LH) wave in the edge plasma. The coupling and the wave propagation in the KSTAB, plasma are investigated using the 2-dimensional Particle-In-Cell code (XOOPIC-2D code). This paper describes the preliminary result of the LH power-coupling calculation and the characteristics of the wave propagation.
- KSTAR; lower-hybrid; PIC; TOKAMAK; PROPAGATION; DESIGN
- Article Type
- PROCEEDINGS PAPER
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.