Modeling an Energy System Model for the Road Transportation Sector to Analyze Greenhouse Gas Reduction Policies in South Korea
- Modeling an Energy System Model for the Road Transportation Sector to Analyze Greenhouse Gas Reduction Policies in South Korea
- KIM, HANSUNG; MIH, DAIKI; CHOI, DONG GU
- Date Issued
- South Korea needs to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 37% compared
to the BAU scenario by 2030. The road transportation sector is one of the major
sectors that consume a large amount of energy. The Korean government is
planning various policies to reduce GHG emissions in the sector such as the
dissemination of eco-friendly vehicles. In this study, we model a bottom-up
energy system for the road sector and analyze the effects of various policies. The
model comprises the demand projection module, modal shift module, vehicle
stock module, and scrappage module. Based on the model, we analyze the
amounts of GHG reduction by 2050 from four major policies.
- Article Type
- 2019 INFORMS Annual Meeting, 2019-10-21
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.